How to Save Money Restumping
Restumping your home is a standard part of maintenance. But just because it’s expected doesn’t mean you should pay more than necessary. Knowing just a few simple tips and taking time to prepare can help you save money restumping your home!
The most important factor is finding the right restumper. A reputable company will not shy away from questions, will have extensive experience restumping, and can provide you with a formal quote. Looking at reviews from other customers or recommendations from other industry professionals is a great way to get started.
After you find the right restumper, you’ll want to be clear on exactly how much work is going to be undertaken. The best way to find out all the necessary information is to ask questions! But what questions do you need to ask?
Before you sign a contract, here are a few questions you should ask:
- are all stumps going to be replaced?
- will the floor level be at the existing height, or higher?
- are replacement of rotten/damaged bearers and joists included in the quote?
- what internal damage is likely?
- if they are pulling up floorboards, will they reinstate them? What about the carpet?
- is levelling of floors guaranteed?
- will doors and windows be restored to good opening condition?
- will old stumps and other waste be removed?
If you are thinking of renovating your home, it is strongly recommended that you examine your stumps before beginning. During the restumping process your home can shift and you may find some cracking to the walls. As such, if you are on the fence about replacing stumps, take any future renovations into account.
Several generations in the building industry means that Bartlett Builders Queensland have formed an extensive network contacts. If you are looking for recommendations for quality restumpers, we can point you in the right direction! Our friendly team can provide you with all the information you need regarding renovations, extensions, and more. Contact us today!