Tips for Renovating In Brisbane
Drive down any street in Brisbane and you are bound to see someone renovating their home. Renovating seems to be something that we are either doing, watching on TV or dreaming about!
• One of the first things to be considered before renovating is to ask yourself whether the renovation is worth doing at all. Are you going to spend more money to renovate than you would if you demolished the house and started again? If you sold the house, would you get the money you invested back?
• Plan, plan & plan! Look at magazines, look at other houses and have ideas of what exactly you want to achieve. Take photos of houses and ideas you like.
• List what is wrong with your house at present. Sounds strange but this will help clarify what you want to achieve.
• Your home renovation budget should be well planned and realistic! I can’t stress this enough – you need to be realistic about what you can accomplish based on your budget. It is no use having $100 000 to spend and getting your building designer to draw up a renovation that is going to cost $300 000!
• Ensure that you allow a contingency fund in your budget. I can guarantee that you will want to make changes as the building of your renovation or new homes progresses – everyone does! Allow an extra 10% in your budget for unexpected changes or variations.
Bartlett Builders Qld are Brisbane based builders and have over 30 years experience in the building industry. We can guide you from the ideas stage through to construction of a renovation, house raise or extension you will be delighted with.